Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Sports Show Grand Prize 2017 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- General. By entering this sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), sponsored by Mercury Marine and Cedar Lake Sales, the Journal Sentinel Inc. (publisher of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and JSOnline) (collectively, the “Sponsors”), the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. Void where prohibited and outside Wisconsin. Sweepstakes begins on March 8, 2017 at 12:00 noon and ends on March 12, 2017 at 5:00 PM. All times in this Sweepstakes refer to Central Time. By entering, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the drawing itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsors, whose decisions are binding and final. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 21 years of age or older as of March 8, 2017 and who live within the state of Wisconsin, and also within a fifty (50) mile radius of the Sports Show located in West Allis, Wisconsin. Employees, officers, and directors of the Sponsors, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and members of those individuals’ immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible.
- How To Enter. Visit the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Sports Show (the “Show”) beginning on March 8th, 2017 and ending on March 12th, 2017 at the Milwaukee State Fair Park Expo Center in West Allis. To enter within the Show, accurately write your first name and last name, address, city, state, postal code, telephone number, gender and a valid email address on the official entry form (while supplies last) and drop your entry form in the entry box located at the Mercury Marine display. To enter without entering the Show, accurately write your first name and last name, address, city, state, postal code, telephone number, gender and a valid email address on the official entry form (while supplies last) and drop your entry form in the entry box located at the designated booth outside the Show entrance. All entries must be submitted during regular Show hours. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, stolen, mutilated, altered, duplicated, tampered with, forged, cut or torn entries, nor for printing errors of any kind and all such entries shall be null and void, to be determined at the discretion of the judges/Sponsors. All entries become the property of Sponsors. By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Limit one entry per person. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries must be original and handwritten. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors.
- Selection of Winners. Sponsor will select winners in a random drawing from among eligible entries. Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release and any required tax forms and provide requested identification and must do so within seven days of the date such forms are provided to winners. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to complete, sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, does not meet the eligibility requirements, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries, time permitting. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries.
- Prize. The Prize is a Mercury 340 Adventure Sport Inflatable PVC Boat. The green colored inflatable boat is 10’ 6” / 320 cm long, with a maximum horsepower of 20, and load capacity of 1,257 lbs. It features high-resistance composite flooring. PVC Haku® fabric. A complete list of specifications can be found at: https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/inflatables/soft-bottom/adventure
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $7,000.
The Prize also includes a 2017 Shorelander trailer, model B10TS.
Approximated retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $865.
Prize cannot be exchanged for cash. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Sponsors may, at their sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. Sponsors are not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance, use, or nonuse of prize. All prizes are awarded as-is. Entrants acknowledge that the Sponsors have not made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties expressed or implied, in fact or in law, whether now or hereafter enacted concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize or as may be separately provided to participants by law. Other restrictions may apply. All other expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for under these Official Rules.
Actual value of prize may vary based on fluctuations, destination, and other variables, but, if actual value is less than stated ARV, difference in prize value will not be awarded. Once a guest name is communicated to Sponsors, that guest may not be changed or substituted, except in Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. Sponsors will not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the prize winners. Guest who is a minor must be accompanied at all times by parent or legal guardian. Guest (and parent or legal guardian of guest who is a minor) must sign and return Release prior to accompanying winner on prize trip.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including the winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by Sponsors in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Participating in the Sweepstakes and acceptance of any prize constitutes each entrant’s and winner’s (and guest’s where applicable) permission for the Sponsors or their agents to photograph, film, record that entrant, winner, or guest and to use his or her name, city, state, voice, or likeness, and any statements made by him or her regarding the Sweepstakes or its Sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsors in their sole discretion will require verification of Sweepstakes winner’s identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification. By entering, participating and/or accepting a prize in the Sweepstakes, each entrant, winner, and guest agrees not to sue and to release, discharge, indemnify, hold harmless, and absolve the Sponsors, their advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, and representatives and the successors and assigns of each of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, expenses, costs, damages, and liabilities including, without limitation, interest, penalties, court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Except where prohibited, by entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize(s) will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Milwaukee, WI; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (iii) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”). Further, by entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person (and all of his or her entries) from this Sweepstakes if he or she tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules or direction of Sponsors. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsors, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Sponsors reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Sweepstakes and shall not be required to award a substitute prize. If there is any conflict between the terms of these Official Rules and any marketing or entry materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of the Official Rules will govern.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals; or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or participating, or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdelivered, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Sweepstakes prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disaster, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Sponsors’ control
- Winners List Announcement. For the name of the prize winner, available after March 12, 2017, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by April 30, 2017 to:
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Attention: Marketing Department
Sports Show Grand Prize Sweepstakes
333 W. State Street P.O. Box 661
Milwaukee, WI 53201
- Sponsors. Journal Sentinel Inc., 333 West State Street, Milwaukee, WI 53201; and Mercury Marine, W6250 Pioneer Road, P.O. Box 1939, Fond du Lac, WI 54936; and Cedar Lake Sales, 3820 WI-33, West Bend, WI 53095